Wednesday, March 26, 2008

12 years of work = 9 boxes of junk


Pretty sad, isn't it. My office has been packed up and sent to Singapore. This is my last day in the Houston office. My home away from home since 20 September, 1996. I've met a lot of great people here. (Some greater than others.) I've also learned more and have been give more responsibility than I would have ever expected. It's a weird feeling. I didn't expect that I'd appreciate this place as much as I do. I guess you never know what you've got 'till it's gone.

My "fond farewell" gathering is this afternoon in the boardroom. Not the kind of thing I enjoy, but my guess is that I'll appreciate it afterwards.

The overseas adventure starts tomorrow. 3:55pm on Continental Flight 795 to LAX, then it's on to my 18 hour and 20 minute joyride on Singapore Airlines. The fact that I take off on Thursday and land on Saturday still bothers me. Wish me luck.

No comments: