Friday, August 29, 2008

Trying not to get fired

I am not going to write the post that has been brewing in my head for the past few days for fear of being "Dooced".

You see, there's this crazy lady with a very good blog named Heather B. Armstrong who learned a very hard lesson a few years back. If you blog about work in a critical way, it can cost you your job. Honestly, it makes good sense. If you're dumb enough to air private company laundry in a public forum, you do deserve to get fired.

As I have nothing else I'm able to say, I'll give a short update about what's been going on in the Tremblay household:
  • I fixed the toilet.
  • The air conditioner was dripping water all over the place and then it just stopped.
  • The cell phone signal in my office is horrible.
  • Melissa is shaping up to be a great Tiger Cubs den mother.
  • Jack and I are going to work on his first Tiger Cubs award this weekend (swimming).
  • We're going out for dinner tonight, but we haven't decided where yet.
  • "My name is Earl" is hilarious.
  • Melissa and I watched Barak Obama's speech. That guy could sell ice to Eskimos.
  • My parents are moving to Andros island as soon as their employment visas come through.
  • It's rained every day for three weeks.
  • It's not the rainy season yet.
  • Jack has been to the school nurse 4 times in a week and a half.
  • I'm better at Fantastic Contraption than Kobs and Berto.
  • The running backs on my fantasy football team are really old.
  • My cousin Nathan and his wife Sue are having twins!
  • I can't wait for football season to start.
  • Jack and I are going to see the new Star Wars animated movie this weekend.
  • Uncle Mike needs to find a new job.
  • I've been listening to a lot of "Guster" on the iPod recently.
  • Still haven't sold the damn house in Texas.
  • Thank God it's Friday.
That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been telling you for years man, Guster is good!

And you should be better at fantastic contraption than me - you're a freaking engineer!

ps - We all have tomorrow off. Labor Day. You may have heard of it.