Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fish Burgers Anyone?

A while ago I posted about an octopus burger I saw advertised while eating in the mall. I went on this "oh so righteous" spiel about how the words 'octopus' and 'burger' don't belong in the same sentence. I mentioned my wonderful brother who owns a burger joint himself, somehow implying that through my relation to him, I existed on a plane higher than that of the lowly seafood burger.

Karma is a funny thing. Guess what the special is at his place this week.

Special Sandwich
STRIPED BASS BURGER
Locally caught striped bass ground together with shallots, parsley, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, and panko bread crumbs. The breaded fish is fried until golden brown and served on our homemade hamburger bun with baby spinach, tomato, and tarter sauce.$8


Lesson as always: Matt should keep his opinions to himself.

At least it's a beautiful fish. Nice catch Joe.

The Next Bassmasters Champion

If we ask nicely, maybe Joe will tell the story of catching it in the comment thread. From what I hear, it's a good story.

No comments: