Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Damn it!

It finally happened. I left work today pretty pissed off. It took three and a half weeks; much longer than I thought it would. It was the first day that I understood enough about what was going on to be angry about something that happened.

There's no way in hell I'm going into any detail in this public forum. That's the worst part about being in a new office. In Houston, I'd developed 12 years worth of relationships that allowed me to go into a friend's office and vent for 15 minutes when I was angry. I've said things to my old VP that I know I shouldn't have, but he knew I was just venting frustration and let me blow my top without repercussions. In a new office, those relationships don't exist. I haven't felt this alone in my workplace since my first week at ABS.

I know what I need to do to fix things. Now I just have to man up and do it. It's just not as easy to tough it out at work when you don't get to go home at the end of the day and get a hug from a beautiful six year old boy who thinks you're the greatest man on earth.

I miss my wife.

2 comments:

Liza said...

ahhh, one of those days, I guess. I can't tell you how many times last summer I just wanted to crawl under my bed and forget that Bay Burger ever existed.

Joe R. said...

I told you I start to get squirrelly after about 3-4 weeks without the wife...

I wanted to call, but I don't have you number and the online directory doesn't work. "Internal Server Error." Typical.

Take it easy.